6.10.2011

houston, we have a problem.

6:30a . I awaken to my handsome husband kissing my forehead to say goodbye as he leaves for work.

[Let's just say it went downhill from there.]

7:24a . I shoot out of bed to the realization that I must have fallen back asleep.

*profanity*

7:25a . My beloved routine of having a little 'mommy time' before the kiddo gets up crumbles before me like a stale rice cake.

7:30a . The sunshine of my life greets me with a 'hallooo mommeee!'

7:31a  . The sun quickly sets as she races past her bathroom in defiance, screaming NOOOOO! diaper OOOOOON todaaaayyyy!'

7:32a . Time Out. A. Really. Long. Time. Out.

Awesome.

7:49a . A glass of milk is prepared to ensure some peace and quiet while breakfast is prepared.

8:05a . Breakfast. Not mine, hers. Because to avoid even the slightest chance of an aftershock, I give in when she asks to trade. Seriously, yogurt and cheerios is fine. Yum.

9:15a . We head to the gym and figure the morning is behind us.

Silly me.

11:20a . I walk in to the playschool to pick her up. She bolts out the opposite door into the lobby. I turn the corner just in time to see her pick up the water pitcher at the coffee counter and pour it all over herself and the floor. But mostly herself.

Double-Awesome.

11:21a . We head home for a change of clothes.

11:34a . We head back home because I forgot the list of things I need at the store, taking a quick look around for my mind. Nope.

11:47a . As we're driving to the grocery store (on the highway at 40mph), a silver sedan bolts out from the right right in front of me, turning left. Apparently I had a sign on the top of my car saying, Don't worry about it - I have great brakes. Even the cars next to me honked at him out of sheer outrage. I gasp and try not to freak out.

*massive profanity, albeit silently in my head*

11:48a . We pull in to the nearest parking lot because Emily is frightened and curled up in her carseat.

11:50a . We collectively decide on the only logical course of action: shoe shopping.

12: 05a . Bridgeport Village. I consider kissing the sidewalk.

1:30p . This year's jellies in-hand, we head home for naptime and a hormonal melt.

2p . I drop my head onto the Betty Crocker cookbook as I realize even a chocolate chip cookie recipe isn't going to help.

2:05p . I partake in the only junk food in the house not requiring Betty: Wheat Thins, a few slices of cheese and a Diet Coke.

2:08 . I realize the one thing missing in my little pity party is a good gossip mag.

2:10 . Thank God for Days of Our Lives.

3p . And Dr. Phil.

1 comment:

  1. Oh girl... As I was reading this I heard my 13month old dumping a full starbucks coffee cup of milk all over the family room floor. Then I laughed thinking how appropriate the timing was, and how your day sounds very similar to many of mine. Earlier today Jeremy rolled up the driver's window in the van and the pulley fell off, causing the window to drop to the bottom of the door panel. We were in S. Everett, which meant Ben was stuck with the cold wind in his face ALL the way home. (He was thrilled) It's being held up by duct tape now. Both of our vacuums are broken today, but J somehow figured out how to rig one of them with again, duct tape. My cat peed in the foyer and after washing the floor, I still can't figure out where the smell is coming from... Tomorrow is another day... muah!

    ReplyDelete