4.08.2009

Whew

I had my weekly OB appointment on Tuesday, and THANK you Lord, my Doctor moved up my due date. It has been a quiet struggle between she and I the last several months. I know exactly when we got pregnant, and I just have had this feeling she was a week behind. All the measurements on my ultrasounds were measuring a week ahead. FINALLY, on her own (I'm learning patience) she measured me, looked at my chart and past ultrasounds, and served up the silver platter: an April 24 date.

Here's the scoop: if I haven't entered 'spontaneous labor' (sounds dangerously close to 'spontaneous combustion'...but I'm not going there) by my appointment on April 23, she's going to order an ultrasound to check the size of the baby. Because my pelvis is so small and the baby is measuring ahead of schedule (that's our little over-achiever!), she wants to give me a shot at a regular birth (vs. c-section). Based on that ultrasound (a.k.a. unless the baby has shrunk somehow) she'll induce labor.

I'm not a huge fan of being induced, but I also really want to try and have this baby naturally (and by naturally, I mean without surgery...drugs are still on the list!).

No comments:

Post a Comment